Friday, August 31, 2007

The Kiwi has Landed

The AB’s touched down on the island of Corsica yesterday for some R&R before they begin the quest for the cup in earnest next Saturday in Marseilles against Italy. Apparently the sports scientists say that a little sun helps the jetlag so the boys get a few days in the Mediterranean sun to recover from the 40 hours of travel. What happened to the hard run after the long flight to get the blood flowing? Oh well I guess this is the new and improved training program. I would love to hear comments from the AB’s of the 1970’s as to this type of pre-tournament warm-up!!

I can’t seem to get my head around the AB build-up to this World Cup, it just seems so soft. They are all saying the right things but a 7 week layoff between real tests seems a bit of a gamble if you ask me. Yes I know they have 4 tests to “warm up” but will that be enough competition based on the caliber of the teams they will play in the round robin?

Ok, I have complained enough and got that off my chest, the RWC starts next week and we can all concentrate on what is happening on the field instead of what is happening off the field. Enjoy the sun boys but come next week you should have but one thing in mind: Web Ellis.

No comments: