Monday, July 16, 2007

NZ 33 vs. SA 6 July 14, 2007

As I watched the first half I could not help but feel nervous about what I was seeing, dropped passes, terrible lineouts and Carter missing an easy penalty. You can't take anything away from the Boks though as their defence was fantastic throughout the game, until the last 15 minutes anyway! What worries me is that the AB's are making a habit in this Tri-Nations of waiting until the end of the game to turn it up a notch, unless they start to put together a solid 80 minutes of rugby in the World Cup they may be in for a surprise.

All this being said, in previous years the AB's have been accused of peaking too early so there is no reason to panic at this point. Obviously with the conditioning period during the Super 14 it is taking everyone a little longer to hit their stride and I think Grahan Henry has got to be given the benefit of the doubt that these guys will be full on for the World Cup!

Can't wait to see the Bledisloe next week and I am still expecting a thrashing of the Wallabies! GO BLACK!

No comments: